A personal trainer is a certified professional that helps people achieve a higher level of fitness compared to joining a gym.
With at least one nationally recognized certificate (AFAA, NASM, ACE, ACSM, NSCA) as well as other certificates in the field, your trainer should create an exercise program just for your needs and goals.
Designing and implementing exercise programs for each individual as opposed to a class is what defines a personal trainer.
When looking for a trainer, experience and longevity are crucial.
You need a trainer if you:
- Have hit a plateau
- Are bored with your current program
- Have been away from it for a while
- Need a jumpstart to get started
- Have been injured
- Are recovering from surgery/injury
- Have never exercised before